Sunday, August 3, 2014

In Summer!

Ah summer.   June was an amazing vacation month.  We went to disneyworld with Joanna and kids.  Then to Pensacola beach - just me and Phil.  Very nice and relaxing.

 Then July was consumed by taking care of my mom who fell once again and is in a skilled nursing facility (SNF).  Even though she is not at home, the trips to see her (20 minutes across the river) and the talks with therapists, doctors and nurses has been very time consuming!  Thus I haven't had a chance to even post to my blog.  So I will try to update at least weekly.

This Tuesday she will be four weeks out from the fall, break and surgery. Can't walk on the leg for another 5 1/2 weeks.  Will probably be coming home with hospice when she does return. The doctor has decided that her advanced dementia is terminal.   Sounds awful.   But she has had some really "out of it" days.  Today however was a much better day.  Taking it week by week.

Personally, my fitness had taken a back seat, so not doing too well there.  I did however begin the "couch to 5 K " program.  I'm two weeks into it.  Hopefully it will get me back on track.

Also I was making progress on my book project- "Mom's Psalms" ©2014.  Trying to find a venue to publish me. Moving forward on that is very rewarding.

School starts in a week and a half. Then summer will be over.
Wonder what good news August will hold?


No comments: