Sunday, June 28, 2015

Still moving forward!

So I walked quickly the 5 K race in May!  My goal was to finish in an hour.  I didn't expect to because I realized my app was counting my steps wrongly  and I wasn't training as hard as I thought. However as I approached the finish line, the clock read 1:00.23! There was time to cross before it got to 1:01!  So I sprinted painstakingly, .35,.36,.37 got closer and finished at 1:00.45!  Whew!

I have also still been reading. I read Hope for the Workplace by Bill Dalghety, wonderful examples of bringing Christ to the work environment without ever mentioning him. I am working on the Great Reformer, a story of our current Pope Francis. Also just finished Just Alice, a story written from the patients point of view about early onset Alzheimer's disease. Very insightful!

And today is my 40th anniversary! How blessed I feel to have been happily married to Phil for 40 years.  That's longer than my parents has before my dad died. In a way it doesn't seem that long. But it's been a pleasure going through life with a mate, someone who cares about what you think,what you do during the day,who you talked to, where you went. We matter to one another. It's very good.  Thank you Lord!

No comments: