Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday

I always look toward lent as a time to get back in control of my eating by forced fasting!  How is that for a non spiritual view?  Anyway, I am happy for the restraint as we have had enough excess lately!  No more King cake!
Mardi Gras was fun because we had Phil's brother's office and our friends office to retreat to if we needed a break from the cold and wet.  We had food and hot coffee.  Couldn't have had a better  set up!  Next time though I will,have leather gloves.  My knit ones got wet and stayed wet!
Had a sitter with mom so she was ok.  This morning she was waiting for Bob to come and take her to the store.  Bob, her husband has been dead for 27 years.  But then she moves on to her word search puzzles.  Tomorrow is bingo.  I am planning on taking her and Stephen. Should be interesting!
I posted most of my Mardi gras pics on Facebook.

No comments: