Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

Was going to,post last night but I was badgered by a migraine headache that just wouldn't let up.  It was not terribly intense, just enough to bother me all day.  Today was much better.
Also yesterday I was supposed to take a gondolier ride in city park to celebrate my birthday.  Apparently a 65 ft gondolier cannot navigate with 20 mph winds all around.  So we have to reschedule.  Just as well, my headache would have put a damper on it I'm sure.
Needless to say, I ate the wrong foods while dealing with this headache.

I did how ever manage to get a good walk in Tuesday eve and tonight.  Vowing to walk the dog tues and thurs after supper.  I love that there is daylight after supper now.

On the caretaker front, I am glad to have a sitter a few times a week.  I can get errands run and tasks done without the burden of worrying about mom.  Today I didn't have a sitter,  but I woke her to go to bingo.  I was so tired there!  She appreciates the ride to pick up Stephen as well.  Even though she never remembers how far it is or what we pass.  "I don't think I've ever been this way before". It's the same route we always take. Ah well.

Phil is out of town for a few days so I am trying to keep Stephen happy.  He seems to be doing ok so far.

Thought for the day:  Life is not really about the destination, it's about the journey.  Making that journey meaningful, pertinent, and joyful is the challenge.

No comments: