Friday, March 28, 2014

Thursday's thoughts on Friday

Busy week again.  Wednesday  I helped mom clean up and wash her hair. Later that day, she came out with the scissors and had cut off a good bit of hair.  She wanted me to cut the  back!  So much for the perm she got last month. Then on Thursday she woke and told me she wasn't well and didn't want to go to bingo.   So I met Grace's family for lunch for Zelie's birthday.  Afterward I was going to shop, but something told me to go home and check on mom.   Sure enough, she was up and ready to get dressed to go! We were there halfway through the games.   But it was ok even thought the sign said "no late birds" (what?).  We played and I actually won $5.  Mom was glad to go and I'm glad I listened to that nudge from The Lord to check her out.
Phil was out of town Wed and thurs which makes life a bit crazier.  And I had a seminar  to prepare for.  I say this so I can rationalize the eating I've been doing.  Ah well, I am trying Lord.
Friday night I got to give  the Rachel talk.  I do this in costume that is customized.  And I have to memorize a 20 minute soliloquy.  Al went well though.
We have six college students at our Pentecost seminar.  I think The Lord is working here.
And I am playing guitar as well.  .  Thankfully it is just a few songs and the arthritis in my hands does complain much!
Now that my " Rachel" talk is over, I am more relaxed.  I do need to get to bed though.  I am falling asleep as I write this, even while I was playing candy crush. I'm on level 143 however,   Not bad.
Well God is good and the Caribbean rum is kicking in.  My thought for the day:
Enjoy The journey and the anticipation of the journey.  Life is too short not to
 stop and smell the flowers!
Happy birthday to Zelie and to Kristen tomorrow.

No comments: