Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday


-Wed afternoon I took Stephen to see the Son of God movie.   It was intense, real, a bit more violence than I was comfortable with - especially the Romans against the people;  took some liberties with the bible story, but I liked what they did. Mother Mary was very present, use of bread and wine as his body and blood  was significant.
Wasn't sure how it was affecting Stephen. But after the show in the lobby he began preaching to everyone. The last scene was before the ascension when Jesus said to go out and tell the world.  So Stephen did!  Too bad we couldn't really understand except that Jesus was his brother.
Then I thought how would this movie affect me if it was my brother up there?!
That's what Stephen felt!!
Such a deep childlike faith in our God.

Today is Theresa's birthday.   She was born at 10:15 pm just a few hours shy of sharing a birthday with me!  But she was ready to come, there was no holding her back.  The doctor almost didn't turn around in time to catch!  She has been a go getter ever since! ;-)

Anyway today I ventured out and took both mom and Stephen to the senior bingo.  Had to push mom to get her to wake up but I knew she would want to go.  Except for the two of them bugging each other in the car, the trip was a success.  Stephen enjoyed the game as much as mom.  We didnt win this time,but that's ok.  The I drove thru Burger King and got each a burger and fries.  My charges were happy.

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I plan on having an easy day.  Today was very busy.  I think I ate ok,
  never did stop for lunch.  Hope to have a decent weigh in tomorrow.

Thought for the day -  Jesus is my brother.  Really.

No comments: