Monday, March 10, 2014

The birthday weekend

These days I take what I can get. Make lemonade out of lemons kind of thinking.  So on my birthday, Friday, Stephen was still home from school (Mardi gras vacation) and Phil took of work to spend the day.  He did offer to just watch Stephen so I could  do whatever, but that seemed unnecessary.   Knowing that he will be out of town next week I figured we should spend time together.  Stephen had a "great idea" knowing that a new movie was coming out on my birthday (commercials speak to him) he suggested we go to see "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" for my birthday.  So we did followed by yummy lunch at Copelands. The movie was tolerable (though I could have seen Frozen a third time).
And we continued the birthday celebrations on Saturday with a large gathering for Lord's day dinner.  As is our custom on birthdays, we honor the birthday person with words of how this person  is Christ-like or his good virtues or inspirations.  It's a bit hard to be the recipient of such adulation. But I was happy that The Lord has evidently used me to touch people's lives over the years.  If I can be his conduit, his earthen vessel, then that's a good thing!

Now as far as eating goes, I was in birthday mode so I had the crawfish pasta and angel food cake and strawberries for dessert. I did weigh in on Friday morning but no loss this week.  It's a slow road to try to lose weight and live life at the same time!

We did however do a good bit of walking on fri. and sat.   Stephen and I scoped out city park and had Bambi with us.  She loved the walk and meeting other dogs and people.  I am planning a gondola ride  with my women's group on Wednesday eve for my birthday with them, so I was checking out the location.   I did a lot of extra walking in the park because I had the location wrong.   Good thing I checked ahead.

Mom mostly slept thru my birthday days.  I had to prompt her to remember what day it was.  Then I found myself in tears because she couldn't remember.  that made her feel bad.  someitmes I just have emotional waves.  The good news is that she will forget that incident so I don't have to worry about it. That is good right?  She wants to take me shopping but she really has no extra money now with sitter fees and medicines, etc.  She means well however.

But the celebrations continue with my Wednesday excursion and then Saturday Grace Marie and Paul are having a family party for me.  That should be fun.

No comments: