Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday

I just finished a weekend retreat for the People of Praise gulf coast women.  It is such a joy to get together  with them.  Ladies from Shreveport, New Orleans, biloxi and mobile.  Some I only see once a year. God showed me his mercy and love more then once.  I am grateful.
On the home front things were a bit crazy.  Mom was "up" as we say.  The sitter thought she was hilarious.  I would describe it as  manic.  She wasn't making much sense at all.  But I took her and our retreat speaker, Chris, on a ride to the French quarter to see the river.  We found an excellent parking spot and got out and sat on a bench to watch the steamboat, barges, cruise ships and tugboats on the busy Mississippi. There was a jazz band playing.  Quite the happening place.   I think,the drive was good for mom.   However on the ride back she told us about the people she talked to (she did not) and that we were really all on the subway the whole time.  Crazy!  Phil was a good son-in-law taking care of her while I was gone.

Didn't post a thought for Thursday but just know what scripture says about God :
"Greater than his majesty is the  mercy that he shows"

No comments: